Did you ever give your newborns Chamomille tea?

My mom ) old school Mexican women...would give my DD to help sooth her
collic, The pediatrician said it would not harm her but would only fill her up. Well I am positive that it was the tea that helped my daughter with her collic. My mother is such a wise women.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never tried it. I probably would have tried when mine were babies. I would have tried anything!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:23 AM on May. 4, 2011

• never tried it but if your doc didnt say it was bad then so be it
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:28 AM on May. 4, 2011

• yes, all 3 of mine had chamomile tea when their bellies were hurting. it was only about an ounce or two. chamomile is very calming and has many uses, the other day my mother instructed me to clean out my daughters' eye with it when it had green gunk coming out of it. believe it or not - it stopped the irritation and the doctor almost didn't notice anything when i took her in to be checked out. it wasn't pink eye, just allergy eye, but it can be used to clean out the eyes in both cases until antibiotics are given. i also drink it from time to time when my own belly is upset, or to relieve stress and unwind.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:30 AM on May. 4, 2011

• @ tnm786 yes we did the same for the eyes and so many other Mexican home remedies that made me so proud to be Mexican.
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 10:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My mil (also Mexican, lol) gave me the same suggestion! Worked like a charm!!!!!!'
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:11 PM on May. 4, 2011