22 days left of school....

Who else is looking forward to 3 long months of unnecessary up with the sun "so I won't miss something" and the never ending "I'm BORED!" And I thought the summers for rest and time off?????

AngieBry

Asked by AngieBry at 10:34 AM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wish my kids didn't have to go to school. I enjoy them being around more often. Our Summers are spent lounging in the yard, in the pool, running around with water guns and balloons. They stay up late, normally because we don't watch the clock. We are a close knit family and enjoy all the time we spend together. I could never understand why people have children and then complain when they are on vacation from school or home for a snow day. Make the most of the time, get up and throw a picnic party in the yard, go for a nature walk, walk the mall and window shop if its hot out, utilize the free bowling daily in your area everyday and bowl 2 games a day for free, paint yourselves with pudding, washable paint, shaving cream and then hose off or jump in the sprinkler, play hopscotch, draw with chalk, go to the library for story time, go feed the ducks, go to the park, make a fort, make superhero costumes. Enjoy your children!!!
    2and2onway

Answer by 2and2onway at 12:09 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My kid does none of that...He is up all night and sleeps all day. He finds stuff to do and is usually at a friends house. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:41 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Well my son is 5 and it goes outside to play we live in the country so i don't haft to worry too much.. most time he watching tv or out side playing or down at Nini house watch tv and whatever......
    Star129

Answer by Star129 at 10:47 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I hate summer, but right now I'm ready for school to be done just so I don't have to deal with homework issues anymore (even though I know next year will just be worse).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 4, 2011

• ours still go to bed at the same time.... maube an hour or wo later max, and I still get up around 6-6:30 AM..... I love the morning the most! And we stay SUPER busy! And if they are" bored" they can nap....lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My kids still have a little over 6 weeks (33 days) of school. And I love summer. No having to get up for me. My kids can get up whenever they want, they know not to wake me up. They even come and get the baby and take care of him so I can sleep in. Then once I'm up and their friends start going outside they are gone all day playing outside. Some days I rarely see them. They only come in to eat, use the bathroom and get a drink (when they aren't drinking from the hose).
    They start whining they are bored I get out buckets of water and they get to wash walls and floors. Boredom doesn't last long.
    I love the lazy days of summer...no where to be, nothing to do. the only time it gets to me is when the kids get all riled up and start fighting. then I wish they were in school all day so I don't have to listen to it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I look forward to not rushing around in the morning getting ready for work and school. I look forward to the kids getting exhausted from swimming and playing in the pool all day. I look forward to them spending endless hours at the beach having the time of their lives. I like it.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I cannot wait til school is out. My ss is graduating his final year and he spends summers with his bio mom anyway!!! I look forward to being able to walk around in my house without my bra on and maybe even in my undies...lol I look forward to sleeping in, not cooking so much, not hearing blasting music from his room, cozying up with my dh on the sofa and watching movies without interuption, not cleanning up extra messes, and so many more things that are just different when ss is not here.
    darter

Answer by darter at 1:32 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I am looking forward to summer!! Picnics, hikes, long walks, water fights, days at the park, soccer, 4th of July, camping, gardening, building crafts, swimming, visiting Yellowstone, site seeing, the zoo, farmers market, summer reading program... and much more....

we are never board in the summer....
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:44 PM on May. 4, 2011