If you thought

if you thought things were gettin better between you and your husband, then he blows up saying he's tired of it being this way(the way you thought it was not is) what would you do?? i mean i dont know what to do, i have tried to be nicer and more loving (as much as i think it would help, but not over doing it) and he just seems to be stuck in "things are bad"

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I would sit down with him and have a heart to heart talk ... ask him exactly what HE feels is wrong with our relationship...I wouldnt try to interrupt him or put my two cents in, I would just let him talk and see what he says, then I would take it from there. Sorry your going through this mama...Good luck
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:46 AM on May. 4, 2011

• This sounds like you may need to bring in some outside help. Any chance he'll go with you for marriage counseling?
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:46 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Wow.
    I can see how he would think you are just pretending everything is fine. And that would be annoying.
    BUT I can also see that you are making an honest effort to make you both less miserable.
    Let him know that you are trying to make things work, and if he doesn't feel like it's working you would appreciate suggestions. Let him know that you're not willing to give up just yet. Ask him what he thinks you as a couple should do to fix things.
    Make sure you don't get upset during the conversation, try to stay calm. And don't expect too much of a response right away. Men don't really talk about this stuff so let him know that he can have some time to think things through before you expect a constructive answer.
    Good luck
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:47 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Try marriage counseling. I can never get my husband to go so I just say screw it. Do what the other ladies suggested and talk to him and find out what he thinks could be worked on.
    mrsjksimmons

Answer by mrsjksimmons at 11:02 AM on May. 4, 2011

• First off, when it comes to your partner for life you cannot be to nice or to loving. You can't over do it. You both need to find a way to be nice and loving to each other. Second, it never hurts to get a third party view on the situation. Counseling may help you both see what more you can do. Last, listen to what he has to say without letting your emotions get in the way. Try to put yourself in his shoes instead, and really understand where he is coming from.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:09 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Marriage takes work, on both parts. Seek counseling.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:01 PM on May. 4, 2011