21 month old sleeping

My daughter has only slept through the night ONCE. Her sleeping during the night is all over the place really. Sometimes she'll sleep in her crib til about 3am. THen I get in the crib with her (i'm 21 kinda small) she will get up multiple times while I'm in there with her and wants a bottle every single time. I usually put 6 ounces of water and an ounce of juice. she pees like crazy so i'm changing her diaper almost every time she gets up. i've tried not giving her a bottle she will scream and scream for which seems like forever and i eventually give in. there have been a few times I haven't given in but then the next night i am too tired to go through with it again and so this is the cycle. i don't know if i should let her cry.. it's really hard but i feel bad she needs her sleep she needs to learn. sometimes my mom watches her at night and takes her in her bed when she gets up and she sleeps a little better with my mom on occasion. she can climb out of her crib so i cant just leave her in there to cry or she will fall. i am trying to finish school and this is just so exhausting. i havent slept through the night in 2 years and i am just lost at what to do. i feel like ahorrible mother i wish i would have taught her really early not to nurse on me to sleep because i feel like thats what happened she needs the bottle now to go back to sleep. but she drink SO MUCH at night. i just need some help i want us both to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Eh, its not the nursing that caused this. I nursed two kids, and one needed the bottle to fall asleep and the other didn't. The difference? With the second child I knew better than to give it to her in her crib. She takes a drink then puts it in the fridge before bed.
    If she is climbing out of her crib it is time for a Toddler bed or a twin bed.
    Whatever way you decide to fix this, it's not going to be easy. You need to pick a plan then stick with it, no matter how tired or frustrated you are. Consistency is key.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:43 AM on May. 4, 2011