Im so sick of my life..

I just hate my life anymore...Im so sick of being stuck where we are because the military sent us here and wont let us leave..I used to be something, I used to have a career...and Now im heading nowhere FAST..I feel like the worlds biggest loser and with each passing day I feel worse and worse. It never gets any better...I think ive put in 1000 applications to date and still NOTHING ..Im too big of a loser for anyone to look at..Never had this problem before until we moved here, there is NOTHING here and I mean that ..there really is no where to work...not even a place to go to school...I cant go to school because I cant do online learning, I tried it and struggled so much..I cant self teach I need that real one on one with a teacher..Its like they station you here so that you can be a loser and fail at life, because they dont care as long as your husband deploys every five minutes thats all that matters to them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Where are you stationed at? Have you tried the education center on post? Have you applied for jobs on post? If you can't find a job or go to school, find something else to do- a new hobby, volunteer, explore what your new town does have to offer. Make the most out if your situation.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:44 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree with Jeremy, you need to make the most of your situation, griping about it won't get you nowhere.

Answer by older at 10:48 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I apply for jobs everywhere, including post..there is no education here..the only thing base offers in the generals and ive taken them all..I cant even finish my degree because of it. They dont set you up for success here..only failure. And my hobby is my career, im a career driven person..I dont do crafts or things like that..im not good at that, trust me ive tried. There is nothing to do here, at all..and because I dont work we cant afford for me to even leave the house half the time unless its for groceries
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:51 AM on May. 4, 2011

• So sorry to hear that. My friends husband is in the military and everytime you turn around, they are moving somewhere else. I could not imagine not being in one place all the time. Have you looked into doing something from home? Something you can do no matter where your husband is stationed. My husband and I are looking into moving and I feel fortunate that I don't have to worry about finding a job somewhere. I do it all on the internet, so no matter where we go, it goes with me. There are alot of opportunities out there. You might find something you enjoy doing. My team has actually become "friends". I talk with them alot and we have gotten close. You should research your options and maybe you won't feel so alone from moving all the time. Good luck.
    RMott

Answer by RMott at 10:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• What was your career? Could you start you own business out of it? I am a firm believer that attitude can make a huge difference in situations (good and bad).
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:58 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My DH is not in the military but I can understand a lot of what you're saying. We moved to the absolute middle of nowhere for his job. My life pretty much stalled. There are no moms groups here, no activities for children. There is a half-assed community college that is probably about to go under, and his great job has shown it's true colors. I'm not good at crafts or hobbies. My mom is trying to teach me to sew but since she is three hours from me it's pretty hard. I have been looking for work since we got here and nothing here. And I sympathize completely about school. I tried the online classes and between the kids and house, and no help from DH or his family who said repeatedly they'd help but never did, I was never able to devote enough time to it. I finished the course but only passed one half of the final. I want to move so bad but we can't yet. I wish I had advice. I just wanted to say you're not alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree with RMott maybe you can try to work from home. I live in an area where the variety of jobs available is limited. The epmloyers can be really picky and have extremely high expectations for entry level positions. Also, they're not conducive to a mom's schedule, and the ones that are don't pay enough to cover child care. I've been looking for a work from home opp for 2 years. My friend recently introduced me to a business concept that makes sense to both of us. Now, I'm excited to be contributing to our financial stability and scheduling my day around my son. I'm sorry you feel alone and stuck. I felt that way for years now due to the fact that having a BA and honors meant nothing in terms of landing a job-no one would give you a chance. I've learned that in my area and this economy you have to make your own opportunity. I can show you what I do. If it's not a good fit, try a diff biz or starting your own.
    wellnessandme

Answer by wellnessandme at 11:31 AM on May. 4, 2011

• MaMa, why don't you try something online? Meaning a job or a business. I started mine because we have 1 vehicle and I would have to work 3rd shift, wouldn't do well for sleeping and having someone watch my DD. I can give you a few different ideas on what you could do, just friend me and hit me up on chat! I like to help people, but first we need to change that lower that dirt attitude! If you think you can, or if you think you can't, either way you are right.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• If you have had a career outside of the home before, what process can you refollow that got you that career in the first place? Try the chamber of commerce or Main Street programs for any volunteer work that may need your expertise. In a small town, it's all about networking and who you know.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:31 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I would be happy to share information with you about my home businees. Message me and I will give you the info. It would be perfect for you because you would meet new people and you can take it with you when you get re-stationed. I will look forward to hearing from you!!!
    P.S. You are NOT a loser!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:54 PM on May. 5, 2011