Green Tea and Pregnancy?

I might be pregnant.. I'm late going on 3 days now. I'm a tea drinker and my favorite type of tea is green tea. Now I'm wondering if it's bad for pregnancy to consume it. Does anyone know?

MyIslandGirls

Asked by MyIslandGirls at 5:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well.. I gave green tea up b/c I hear a lot about herbal teas being bad. I also heard not to drink green tes. I love green tea myslef, but am willing to give it up for 9 months. I still drink decaf, regular tea which is a safe option
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Green tea is not recommended while you're pregnant, decaf or not. It can interfere with folate absorption, which is important in reducing birth defects like spina bifida.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• ok.. great thanks! No more green tea for me (unless i test neg today) maybe I'll just drink Raspberry leaf Tea from now on... It's good for the uterus i hear.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 1:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2008