M.C

what are your thoughts on marriage therapy or m.counceling?

I am somewhat for it.. but I feel embarrassed that we need it.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:50 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do it personally. I would never feel comfortable telling anyone intimate details of my life. But, I do know that many people are helped by counseling.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:52 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Don't be embarrassed..........go in with an open mind, and heart. Acknowledging you're at a point where neither of you can resolve certain issues, a neutral mind is VERY insightful and nonjudgmental!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:52 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My ex and I went into counseling. It was helping at the time but he was told that she suspected he was a porn and sex addict and wanted to see him for individual counseling for that as well....he stood up and yelled "Everyone is ganging up on me" and stormed out....that was the end of MC for us and 3 years later i FINALLY left. If both husband and wife are open to it and work on it, it can be successful.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I think it can be a great thing and you shouldn't be embarrassed.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2011

• you shouldn't be embarrassed. It can help make your marriage stronger.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:10 AM on May. 4, 2011

• 60% of marriages end in divorce. That does not include the people that are miserable and stay married. In conclusion . Most of us suck at being married and at best have no idea how to make it work. This is why you shouldn't be embarassed to ask for help.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 1:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• What can help, can't hurt.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:00 PM on May. 4, 2011