Do you cuss in front of your children?

to what extent do you cut of the bad words?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:54 AM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes I do. My favorite and most often used is WTH!! We are currently trying to break our 6 year from saying that everytime he gets frustrated...Damn!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I do and I regret it cause i know my kids pick up on it but dag on they make me so frustrated sometimes!
    suthernmomof2

Answer by suthernmomof2 at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It slips, but they know those words are not to be repeated at any time
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2011

• No. I don`t cuss at all.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:56 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Nope...I am probably old fashioned when it comes to this, but I am raising little gentlemen and a little lady and IMO it is not tasteful or polite to curse in front of others. Do not get me wrong, I have been known to drop one now and then but it wouldn't be in front of my kids.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 10:58 AM on May. 4, 2011

• not unless you want to be spending alot of time getting your kids to stop ....
    yes they will eventually pick up cuss words and use them but you don't want to be the one being called to
    school because your ds or dd just told the teacher off!!!!
    traren

Answer by traren at 11:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• No, never. I've been downvoted before for saying so but I don't cuss even when my kids aren't around. It's not the way I was raised and to this day (I'm 37!) those words just feel unnatural coming out of my mouth.

Answer by missanc at 11:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It slips every once in a while, but my son puts me in line "why did you say a bad word?"
    lnanln2006

Answer by lnanln2006 at 11:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Yea I do. I tried to watch it when the kids were in the "Parrot" ages. But once they hit a certain age we just had to remind the kids that those were adult words and not for kids to use. I'm a firm believer in children do NOT do what adults do. Works really good
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:17 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, but I never cuss at them! And fortuantly none of the 4 out of 5 that cn talk have ever said cuss words! I would love to not, but it always flys out!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:21 AM on May. 4, 2011