Does it become more difficult to get pregnant after you're 30?

I'm thinking of having a baby even though my youngest is only going to be a year old. I'm just afraid if I wait any longer it will be more difficult to have a baby. They say that once you reach a certain age it becomes harder to concieve. Which is why teenagers are so damn fertile. lol

Anyway, just asking. I'm really seeking approval even though I'm gonna go for it anyway. Just wanna know what everyone's experience is with having a baby after 30. I just want to have our third and be done with having kids.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:36 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• No, I don't think it is harder, I had my last at 39.

Answer by older at 11:37 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I suppose age doesn't matter. I had trouble concieving both my daughters. Took us four years to get our first and three to get our second with miscarriages in between. So...it probably varies with each individual.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 11:39 AM on May. 4, 2011

• 35, and our only problem was poor timing. When you aren't able to do the deed often you have to do it at the right time! Check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Wechsler... it's worth a thousand ovulation kits. When we started using that charting method, home run on the first pitch!

Age IS a factor... 35 and older. They don't even really worry till you hit 40.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:42 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I think the challenge begins after 35 but for some people, it is never a struggle! Medically speaking though, the chances go down a bit after your 20's. I found this info for you....

At age 30, 75% will get pregnant within one year, and 91% within four years.

At age 35, 66% will get pregnant within one year, and 84% within four years.

At age 40, 44% will get pregnant within one year, and 64% within four years.

But I am about to be 32 and TTC #2 so I am not worried about any statistics, lol! Best wishes doll!!

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 11:43 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I have cousins and even my mom, who had babies after their 30's. Babies are fine and they didn't take them too long to get pregnant. GL

booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:53 AM on May. 4, 2011

• The challenges probably begin really early in minuscule amounts, but aren't significant for most of us till we get close to 40. I had mine at ages 33, 35 and 37 and the longest it took was 5 months, because I couldn't get regular cycles after my IUD.

Risks of pregnancy increase similarly. At age 35, your risk of chromosomal abnormalities is still below 1%, but around 40 it jumps up to the 5-10% range.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 12:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I got preggers at 36 the first month we tried, and again at 38... but that took 3 months b/c my cycle had changed by two days so my timing was off. So, for me I'd have to say no... it's not harder. But everyone is different!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• They say it does but try this website if you need assistance

http://www.qualitycaremexico.com/specialties/infertility/
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:33 PM on May. 4, 2011