A good grocery list

OK so I am trying to get back in shape. I have a very picky 2 yr old (only eat top ramen and blue and lackberries). I've been bored and been making big meals so I need to cut that out. What are some good healthy things I could buy?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:42 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I like to get recipes from this site. It's weight watchers recipes that have a Mexican touch that I like, check it out http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Plus if you make a big dinner, you have lunch for tomorrow

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:47 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We keep lots of healthy snacks in our house for DH and I as well as our 2 yr old boy. Also, some good dinner staples to throw together a meal. Here are some suggestions...

-Yogurt
    -Granola
    -Fruit
    -Nuts
    -Protien bars
    -Brown Rice
    -Wheat Pasta
    -Fish
    -Ground turkey
    -Fresh Veggies

Good Luck doll!
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 11:50 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver's recipe for a vegetable pasta sauce-message me and I'll send it to you. Once it's all blended together it's like a marinara, but there's 7 vegetables and 2-3 servings of vegetable in every serving. If you serve that over whole grain pasta or the Ronzoni Smart Taste (if your fam barks at whole grain pasta), you have a deceptively delicious healthy meal. Sweet potatoes are the most nutritious food in the produce aisle and weekly I bake sweet potato fries in olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can add other seasonings like cajun seasoning or cinnamon and nutmeg if you like. Another great thing to try during hot weather is a stir fry. You can stir fry the veggies and broil some chicken in a teriyaki marinade or stir fry the meat as well. Serve over rice-brown rice if your fam will eat it. Fish is always a great option. You can bake it in olive oil, s&p, and lemon zest and juice. Goodluck!
    wellnessandme

Answer by wellnessandme at 12:02 PM on May. 4, 2011