Sooo at my OB appt...

She said everything looked great fetal heart beat was good so was my vitals and i had expressed to her the constant pressure id been feeling and that it was the worse after i stand up from laying down position to the point i cant close my legs. She measure my belly at 31 cm and felt for babys position which is head down and then sent me home with the comment "your labors gonna be harder than the last one" Now i love this OB and she delivered my youngest daughter (this is my third pregnancy) and im only 29 weeks shouldnt i be 29 cm not 31 and i know they can be head down then go back to breech until they're ready but is it normal for them to be so low i can feel his head moving against my pelvis when i lay down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it could just be because its your 3rd pregnancy, things always happen sooner. my ob told me to not be surprised if the baby drops sooner than i expect.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:50 AM on May. 4, 2011

• You measured what you measured. There is no "should" with a pregnancy, no absolutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree, you aree way more Intune with your body, you know what to expect since this is your 3rd. I dropped @ 31 weeks with my dd and measured 1 week bigger every single week until my 38 week appointment, when I started measuring on schedule. I was induced with a stubborn little girl @ 42 weeks.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:55 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm on my third preg and dropped at 32 weeks, she has basically been as low as she can go before the big day since then
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sometimes you measure weeks low and high. They dont worry until it a bigger number more frequently. (like measuring 4 or 5 weeks ahead for a month or two). Do you usually deliver early? I know they say if you deiver early then most pregnancies after will be early too. Maybe baby is just getting ready. I hate she told you this delivery would be harder though. That wont be fun to dwell on for the next 10+ weeks. Good Luck.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:53 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes i delivered about 3-4 weeks early with previous 2 pregnancies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My Dr explained to me at my last visit (I'm 34 weeks, measure at 31 cm) that there is a range where 'they' like you to measure.
    For how far along I am it is between 30 and 34 cm, so I'm assuming each time there is about a 4 cm range? Remember everyone's bodies/pregnancies/measurements are different.

As for your baby being 'turned' well better now than never. My first son was down about 2 months before I had him. While my friend had to have emergency c/s b/c her son still hadn't turned when she went into labor.
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2011