• In the Spotlight:

So am I stealing their ideas??

Ok my question is..

I am beginning to make my own line of bows and things...

If I buy from certain websites... nothing like ebay or anything. If I google hair bow accessories, and click one of the links where they sell hair barrets, headbands, flowers, ribbons, and such, and I make MY own bows with THEIR products... is that kind of like stealing from them?

Posing their products like they are mine.. but they really arent? Would I get in trouble for this??

Sorry if this is confusing.. I asked my husband this the other day, and he said to ask you ladies! It was easier to say than write.. lol

A.Mommys.Love

Asked by A.Mommys.Love at 11:51 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 3 (-9 Credits)
  • So you'd be altering their product, right? You wouldn't be just buying it & then selling it at a higher price to make money?
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 11:52 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It's something you created so I don't consider it stealing.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:53 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes--- I think? LOL- I would just buy the ribbons in bulk.. but make MY own bows... with MY ideas... but yes.. I would sell my products for a higher price...
    A.Mommys.Love

Comment by A.Mommys.Love (original poster) at 11:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• If you take your own photos of your own products you are fine. If you use their photos at all that is copyright infringement. I would alter the bows some and really make them your own, especially since you want to charge more than the competition.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• ok, great! thanks scout!
    A.Mommys.Love

Comment by A.Mommys.Love (original poster) at 12:41 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You can buy the ribbon and make your bows in your style and take your own pics to put up on your website, BUT be carful of what kind of ribbon you make those bows of. Disney and other companies have a no no policy to use their characters. You have to have special permission to sell anything with certain characters from what I understand.

They can sue you if they want. So don't forget, you are small beans compare to them and they can ruin your business
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 5:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If you take your own photos of your own products you are fine. If you use their photos at all that is copyright infringement. I would alter the bows some and really make them your own
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:21 AM on May. 10, 2011