Im so mad

My dd whos 6 came home crying from school she told me her friend called her a "B" stuck her middle finger up at her then tried to spit on her but missed. So her mother doesnt speak english what do i do. Now this girls is trying to bullying other kids into not playing with her saying shes a pee and poop head. Apart of me wants to say suck it up thats life find a true friend and play with him/her but thats my baby. She has friends but this girl is trying to make them not play and talk to her. What do i do, this girl lives next store to me and they have played together for 2 years now. Im sure my dd isnt always nice she likes things her way but still she doesnt call people bad names and try to spit on them.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 11:55 AM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• At 6, I don't think its good to say suck it up :) I'd talk to her teacher or counselor, bullying has gotten so much media attention these days. The little girl probably needs help, and you'd be not only helping her, but other kids too. And so sorry for your DD, that is an awful word for another 6 yo to know!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• That is called bullying and in most schools there is a zero tolerance for it. Maybe this child is getting picked on elsewhere and is in turn picking on your daughter. I would bring it up to the teacher or principal and see if they can intervene.
    2and2onway

Answer by 2and2onway at 11:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• i would just let the kids work it out, i am sure there is more to the story than just that.. something made her do those things. if it gets worse try to find a way to talk to her mom either by writing a letter in her language (thank gosh for translators on the internet) or by trying to find someone to be the middle man and translate for both of you.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:58 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Sounds like bullying in school, and they should address that behavior there. At home I would pay extra close attention when dd went outside and the moment the neighbor even started looking at my dd or yard I would be outside. Sometimes our presence is all it takes to diffuse a potential situation. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:59 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Well my son is 6 and we have a new story every day about being called something like poop head,, LOL! I think you need to speak to the teacher and see if the little girl is having issues, I would just seperate the 2 for a bit from playing together,, some of this is just being 6,,,you can't really "read" into their relationship too much,,,tell your daughter to walk away when the girl is being ugly, now if she hits, spits or pushes your child, you need to tell your daughter to use her VOICE and tell an adult ASAP!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I would call the school and report it. Like others have said this is bullying. In our local public schools there is a zero tolerance policy on this. This child needs to stop this kind of behavior before it escalates any further. I wouldn't worry about contacting the girl's mom, your school probably has staff for those parents who don't speak English. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Go to an online translator and type what you want to say to the mother and convert it to her language and hopefully the Mom can read her own language and then she will know whats going on with her nasty child.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I would talk to the teacher first. I think at 6, leaving it be and letting them work it out is not a good idea. We have a similar situation. There is a family on our street with 4 kids, both parents speak spanish only, the children are bilingual. Well the oldest girl is a year older them my son (also 3 times the size of my son, she is very obese), she is a huge bully, and the other kids on the street are afraid of her. Her and her siblings are always all over the street, they leave their bikes in the middle of the street, bully the other kids, I once caught them in our garage looking for our water balloons (my son was NOT with them, they just went in on their own). Well the oldest girl decided that no one on the street was allowed to play with my son because he told her "NO". And one day when he was walking home from a friends house, she had all the kids gather around him and started kicking him.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• continue, so as soon as he made it home (brused and crying), I stormed over to the kids (every parent on the street) And had a good talking to each of them. I tried to talk to the girls mother but she just smiled and srugged. So I turned to the girl and I said "I know you understand me. Do you know who the cops are? Touch my son again and I am calling them on you. You understand?" She nodded her head with tears in her eyes.

It may have been harsh, but seriously, there were 10 kids just kicking him.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my only fear of calling the school is when she gets in trouble for it will she be meaning to my dd?
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 12:50 PM on May. 4, 2011