What's wrong with this Rottie?

I'm watching Daisy, my friends' rottweiler. Daisy has a hard time getting up. In fact she has not got up yet and it's almost lunch time. I don't know if it's her hips or if it's internal. She has this problem every day. Asprin is not working. I know you're not a vet but any advice is appreciated. I feel bad for Daisy.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 11:55 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pets

• Sounds like she's having hip problems. If she's got arthritis or lupus she needs a vet to get injections and meds. Not the best timing huh!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Arthritis.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would call a vet and get their opinion. Rotties are prone to bad hips. Most veterinary offices have someone on call to answer questions at no charge. They can give you an idea of what might be wrong and what to do to help the pain. It's also very likely she misses her mommy/daddy. How long has your friend been gone? Believe it or not, pets do get depressed if their people are gone for a long period of time.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• sounds like shes is having hip or back issues..a vet can give you pills for her joints..i have to give them to one of my bloodhounds and they work miracles!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Arthritis.... prob in the hips...my father in law has a rottie with the same problem...
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• It definitely sounds like Arthritis. Glucosamine chondroitin will help as well as one of the meds the vet can give. 

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I hope it is baby aspirin!!! You can also try massaging her hips and legs........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:33 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Ditto all of the above ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Thanks for the answers. This happens every morning. Her people work..I happen to live with them until we get our own place. Whenever her dad gets back he is going to take her to the vet. But until then (fri.) I am here every day. I am kinda responsible for her. Anyway I will pass on this info to Daisy's owners.. Thank you!
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on May. 4, 2011