Just read a really sad story... if they want to leave this world they should only take themselves... what do you think?

I read a really sad story about a man that killed his ex wife, son and grandson and almost killed his daughter in law and unborn grandchild then killed himself.... If they hate life so much i think that they should not take other innocent people with them they should just take themselves....and yes i know that still sounds bad but when i was younger my dad took his own life and was planning on taking
three of my siblings and my mother with him...i have to say it hurt to find out that he was very close to taking all of our live for his own selfeshness.... im sorry if this is bad for you to read or what not but i just had to put it out there and on Cafe mom i know there are lots of mommys who come from different backgrounds and one might beable to relate... me personally, I think they should only take their own lives and im glad that the rest of my family was spared.

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:00 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Uhhh Well Yeah I agree with that. Face it, sick people are jut sick.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Suicide is a selfish act and them taking others with them just makes it that much worse. I agree that if they are going to do that they should leave everyone else alone. I'm sorry for your loss, but I agree with you.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree. I think if someone is contemplating suicide they shouldn't drag other people down with them. My husband almost comitted suicide and that was hard to deal with. I was so pissed at him for attempting it, especially with our daughter right there. I still haven't forgiven him for it. I know I contributed a lot of emotions for him for him to go that route, but that's not an excuse to be so selfish and not even think about your own children.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Problem is, if a person is depressed to the point of suicide, they aren't thinking clearly in the first place. While we can say what they "should" do, their mind is sick and they are convinced of something else.

I was depressed to the point of attempting suicides when I had PPD after my 2nd. Your mind does not work correctly. I read my journal entry's from that time, and my thoughts are scattered, incoherent, and just plain crazy. I never thought about hurting my kids, but I was not myself. I was convinced that life would be better for everyone if I was just "gone".

You can't make logic from a depressed mind.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• These are mentally ill people who needed treatment but probably were ignored. Family can be rather dense and unaware of the signs of mental illness. they figure it out AFTER the tragedy has happened.So sad.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree with you and sorry about your dad.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My guess at their thinking strategy is that they didn't want those people to mourn over them, or that they shouldn't be alone in death. But I agree, if they are going to do something so selfish and stupid, they should only take their own life.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:32 PM on May. 4, 2011