Fun ways to use leftovers?

I love finding new ways to use leftovers. My family does not like to eat the meal the way it was made originally (i.e. they don't like to have roast again after making a pot roast...they want bbq sandwiches or beef and noodles or something with the leftovers).

Last night I made meatloaf, carrots, and macaroni and cheese, and today for lunch I gave the kids macaroni and cheese with the meatloaf broken up in it like a cheeseburger mac.

With tacos leftovers, I like to make a taco soup.

I always want to learn new ways to "repurpose" leftover food. Any tips? What does your family like?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:05 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Slap them in a soft tortilla & call it Mexover night. Margaritas make everything taste good.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 12:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• We like doing either nachos, or taco salad for taco leftovers. For roast we do beef and noodles, for turkey I make a turkey pot pie, meatloaf dh likes meatloaf sandwiches, BBQ chicken, I make a BBQ chicken pizza. For chicken Alfredo I make a chicken and broccoli Alfredo pizza....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Meatloaf sandwiches. With roast you can fry potatoes and shed the roast add some cheese on a tortilla and you have a burrito. Shed the beef get a big can of cream of mushroom, chop onions, add green chili mix that all up and have shredded beef enchiladas.  I invent the weirdest things lol.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My kids LOVE mashed potato soup made from left over mashed potatoes!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:19 PM on May. 4, 2011