Joined the 'y' anybody know about trainers?

ok so i have a serious weight problem so i joined my local y last sunday...i have been doing alot in the circuit room and walking a mile on the treadmill..but i have some serious areas i would like to see some changed in like my mid section and my arms..if i use one of the y's personal trainers can they not only help me with machines but help me choose foods that are better for helping me lose weight? Or is this something i have to see a dietician for? And when you use a trainer do they consider your weight and set goals for you or how does all that work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• All I know is that my dh's cousin was a trainer at the Y until last year and he has had NO formal training.
    Anonymous

• YIKES! thats spooky i could get some whacko lol...that could cause more damage than help!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You need a certified trainer and nutritionist, they will, give you a specialized work out for your goals snd a diet plan, but I got to warn you they are expensive!

Answer by older at 12:21 PM on May. 4, 2011

• well i wonder if i can just ask at the y if they have one that is certified..its included in my plan that one be provided to me if i want the service..hhmm thanks for the tip
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• many trainers may not be nutritionists but some go ahead and get certified in being Nutrition and Wellness consultants. It's not a requirement but they can certainly give you ideas and tips on your eating habits.

But I really recommend the following books: Eating Clean by Tosca Reno, Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, This is why your fat by Jackie Warner and Cinch! by Cynthia Sass. Awesome books with similar lifelong ways of eating that are easy to follow and they explain WHY certain foods are good and why others are bad very well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:52 PM on May. 4, 2011