Bottles breaking and sleeping throw the night

i have 19 month old baby boy
that i'm having hard time getting off the bottles and sleeping throw the night
i need help and how the get him off the bottles and sleep throw the night\

musicgirl229

Asked by musicgirl229 at 12:16 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sleeping through the night is something only HE can do for himself... what YOU do is keep a consistent routine that is conducive to sleep. At 19 months I still wouldn't expect him NOT to wake, sorry. (One of the Mom Guarantees... never getting eight hours straight again, EVER... it'll always be something!)

Can't help with the bottle, sorry

Answer by gdiamante at 12:18 PM on May. 4, 2011

• we found one of those sippy cups with a soft top and gave her that during the day, once she mastered that we took the bottle (Which was only water anyway) and just left her with the cup. we did CIO at night and after a week she slept through the night and didn't need a bottle.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• we cold turkeyed the bottle but he still likes a cup at night.... he his almost 2.5 and still does not like to sleep through the night...thats just one of those things he will have to learn on his own
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My kids were sleeping 10-12 hours by the time they were 3 months old lol. But you have to be consistant with both. A set bedtime routine, not going in at every little noise. Getting them on a cup. I've heard it's not always a simple process, best of luck to you
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my 2 year old gets a sippy cup w/water at night. I think its a security thing for her.. of course we also did CIO with her back before I knew better and she's had attachment issues ever since. AS far as sleeping through the night, that's going to be different for every kid. Make sure your child knows that you are there for them, and that their cries will not go unheard. That is key to helping them develop a lifetime of healthy attachment, which actually fosters individuality!! Go in, soothe, and then unless something is really wrong say I love you, its bedtime and go back out. Repeat as necessary. Soon he will learn that you are there, but that nighttime is for sleeping, not for playing or having conversations. It's a process, but it can be done. Read Elizabeth Pantley's "No Cry Sleep Solution" for some really awesome tips on getting baby to sleep without resorting to CIO.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:52 PM on May. 4, 2011