A light hearted post, what is a cute thing your kid has said lately?

In the midst of disasters, news articals about child abuse, and constant parenting debates, i need a lighthearted post to brighten my mood.

What are some cute off the wall things your kids have said or done lately?

Mine 2 almost 3 yr old came to me with the most serious face yesterday and informed me that "Chickens grow up and fight flowers."

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 12:23 PM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• And my daughter (almost 4) informed me that, Gabe (her 5 yr old brother) is her favorite brother, and that when she grows up and changes to a brother, she wants to be just like him.
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 12:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my 2 almost 3 year old didn't want to come inside today even though it was about to rain. I bribed her with a mango. She sat down in her extra carseat that's sitting on our porch and told me 'put it down on table'
    she also loves to exaggerate that I LOOOOOOOVE (whatever I've just suggested)
    She melts my heart <3
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sitting on the front porch swing, DD (4) between SO and I, she pats his crotch and says "I think there's something in there"

So smacked her hand away (not hard). She looks at me (I'm crying into my arm in hysterics) and says "he hit me, hittings not nice is it mommy?"

"No it's not" I croaked out, still laughing.
    Would have been a perfect time for the boys and penis talk but I couldn't get past the humour of it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My 5 yr old told me: "don't come in my room for a while, I'll be having some 'me' time with my toys" .. I swear she HAS to stop watching Dr.Phil with my mom in the afternoons lol
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• DS(23 months) recently got in the pepper. So while I am cleaning his room I find a Easter basket with a chicken, a plastic carrot, and bunch of blocks, all covered in pepper. i went to toss out the pepper and he yells "NO! I cooking!"

He was playing with his palydough at the table and I was doing dishes. I hear "AHHH! No! Peas Help!" So I go take a look and he has a dozen little peices of palydough lined up on the table and is smashing them with a bigger peice while the little ones scream for help. you can tell daddy has been playing with him again, LOL.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:36 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well, my little sister in law is selling popsicles and when this family came to the door yesterday to buy some, my 21 month old was asking the people if they were stinky. Me and my husband were sitting at the table cracking up and trying to get her to come inside but the people thought she was hilarious and wanted to keep talking to her.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:36 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My 11 yr old... "I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• DS, 2. His first full sentence. DS only knows a few words so we're trying to get him to talk more. We were having dinner at IL's house and he was sitting nicely, eating his chicken wing (he loves the legs) and his grandpa is sitting across the table from him and says "Come on. Say something. Impress me." DS gets sauce on his finger and he made the maddest little face I've ever seen and he goes "Oh man!" LOLOL. His grandpa was definitely impressed. lol.

Then there's my three year old nephew. When he goes number 2 anywhere other than the potty he loses a dinosaur (which he loves) and his daddy took one and said "Now if you do it off the potty again, this dinosaur will have a friend." And he looks up with a smile and says "Yay! He'll have a friend!" Rofl! XD
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:42 PM on May. 4, 2011