Anyone else getting really anxious about getting the nursery together?

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I'm having this obsessive desire to get this nursery done. I haven't had my showers yet and I haven't even really been out to shop for anything but I'm just so anxious. :) I'm waiting to find out the sex at my next appointment before I start buying stuff. Is anyone else feeling this way? & if so what are you doing to keep yourself busy and mind off of it?? :)

thanks!!

oliviahw

Asked by oliviahw at 12:25 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL...I didn't even begin until 36 weeks along.

I didn't buy hardly a thing either.

Next pregnancy, baby won't get much at all and certainly won't have a room to itself until it is over 2. Even though we have 2 rooms it could have. It is staying in my room until nursing is done sometime after 2. It will bedshare and be worn a lot. It will have cloth diapers and I will try EC. So...not much need for nursery fillers. Haha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Not really. I am 32 weeks along right now and it is just starting to nag at me a bit. Her room is empty. The crib is in the garage and the only thing we have done is paint a couple of walls and put together a bouncy seat. I still have to pull the baby clothes out of the garage and figure out what we can use and what we still need. I am kind of thinking that Friday I might get a start on a few more things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Did you have enough time to do everything at 36 weeks? I'm sure i'm just ahead of myself but i'm pretty nervous thinking i'll be running around at 8 months pregnant scrambling to get everything done!!!! ;)
    oliviahw

Comment by oliviahw (original poster) at 12:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• 36 weeks should still give you enough time and it gives you something to make the last couple of weeks go by faster and keep your mind off of the time that is going by slowly.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had more than enough time.

I did it and was still waiting.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I always tell moms that the nursery is the LAST priority. Spend your time learning about infant care and feeding. Take some classes. Bone up on all the things that can happen with a newborn and on milestones as he grows.

Baby doesn't give a darn what the room looks like. He DOES care about being fed and changed!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm 30 weeks and all I have bought is cloths! I've shopped around but , as soon as I walk into a baby store, I get overwhelmed and walk right out. So take your time Hun, you have tons of time left...
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:54 PM on May. 4, 2011