How to help with depression

I am really suffering right now as I am coming up on what would have been my due date. I notice that my depression is making things difficult on my son right now. He is autistic and does very well everyday, but when I'm having trouble, it really reflects in his behaviors.

I hate taking any medications, so I would prefer something more natural. I do exercise almost everyday, but the relief it gives in the depression is only temporary. I'm looking for something that may last longer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• i dont know what you could use that is natural but i know there are some meds that are very very low dose that can help take the edge off..i needed something after my dd was born and in the nicu for the first few months..it really helped me good luck
    Anonymous

• I am almost 5 1/2 months along and I HATE taking meds (I wont even take tylenol) but for the past 3 yrs I have been on a low dose of anxiety/depression meds which has helped a lot. I am on a medication that i safe for me and my baby while I am pregnant and after she is born when I am breast feeding.

If you dont want to go that route there are online support groups with people experiencing the same thing..someone you can relate to, also there are positive books that you can read..I hope this has helped! I wish you the best
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 12:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I send you my healing, I care Hugs! Are you getting enough sleep, rest & nutrition? Are you getting enough vitamin D & Real genuine sunshine? We sure haven't. I got Cancer and its got me in such a Bad place. I'm on no meds & I live in unbearable head to toe pain. I hope you have friends, family & good Care!! Ever try relaxing soothing quiet music? Or a journal to write about the issues that cause you to feel this way? I hope you find come comfort, care , healing and wellness!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:49 PM on May. 4, 2011