If you have read it you know what I am talking about, 13 weeks!

Sorry for posting anonymous, but don't want crazy emails. So, who here believes a 13 week old fetus/baby is really alive or can survive? Can a 13 week old fetus survive outside the mothers womb?????? Me personally think it is crap because sex organs are not fully developed and there is no way the lungs would even sustain live. Just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no a baby born at 13wks would not survive no matter what. its lungs are developed enough either are the kidneys, sex organs, brain or anything else for that matter. Up untill about 23 or 24 wks pregnant is the baby consdered viable if bor.
    Anonymous

• NO they cannot live. I actually looked it up after the claim was made and at 13 weeks old it would be considered a miscarriage and no attempts would be made to save the child. There would be no bone either just tissue that would eventually turn into bone. The eyes would would fused shut so the child would be blind too. The baby would also weight 1/2 oz and he the same size as a half of a banana. Really, google is everyone on this sites friend. You cant be fooled if you go look up the information.
    Second Im actually in a biopsychology class and learning about the brain right now and sexual organs and the baby would be severely brain damaged & have no sexual organs, well they would but not fully developed. I wont even go into the lack of lung function. If you cant breath you cant live.
    Anonymous

• I don't know....kinda crazy...seems like it would be in the news or something.
    Anonymous

• no definatly not there no way it could
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• You ask. So who here really believes a 13 week old is really alive? There is a heart beat at 13 weeks. That confirms that there IS life for a FACT. Thay can't live outside the womb but they are alive in the womb.
    Anonymous

• OP: IF YOU HAVE READ THE POST I AM REFERRING TO THEN YOU WOULD KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. THERE IS A LADY THAT REPLIED TO THE POST ABOUT WHAT AGE CAN A BABY SURVIVE. THE LADY IS CLAIMING THAT THERE IS A BABY BORN AT 13 WEEKS AND IT IS ALIVE. THIS IS WHAT I AM REFERRING TO. I THINK IT IS CRAP AND NO BABY CAN SURVIVE OUTSIDE THE WOMB AT 13 WEEKS.
    Anonymous

• Part 1 ...You are so right... NO FETUS can survive outside the womb at 13 weeks.... and I know so for I am a NURSE and I worked in OBGYN for years and I gave birth to a 16 weeker and he died 10 min after being born... His mouth to small for tubes of incubation.. veins to tiny (microscopic for IVs, heart and LUNGS way underdeveloped everything is just way to small and underdeveloped for them to live at that time...so the mom that had asked the question or stated that a fetus can live outside the womb at 13 weeks was/is wrong and very misimformed...
    maisah

Answer by maisah at 6:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Part 2.....unless somewhere they are doing some SCI research thing and that is a shame. in the womb yes out the womb no....
    like one mom said here (second comment down from the top... she is right...My son was 10 1/2 oz....and that was at 16 week, (3 weeks more) eyes still fuzed shut, I have a lil pic on my page if you want to see it is old so u would have to go to some of the last pages... those would be of waht I posted first (pics)....
    maisah