What age did u start potty training?

how do u do it and how long does it take

musicgirl229

Asked by musicgirl229 at 12:29 PM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think girls do it sooner than boys..... my son is 2 1/2 and he started in March. He didn't care to, pretty much refused. So for a few days we let him pee in his big boy underwear (He HATED that) and then we encouraged him to go to the potty and he got a tootsie roll everytime he went. He was all about getting an applause and a tootsie roll and never looked back. He is fully potty trained now, we have mayyyyybe an accident a week. Just make sure you ask them constantly. When you start to leave anywhere make him/her sit down and try. GL!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:57 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Search bar, use it...

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/search.php?keyword=Potty+training&days=0   Every potty training question asked since CafeMom began.

Anonymous

• I actually have a journal entry on my page if you are willing to read it. I posted it because I had so many people ask how I potty trained so early. My oldest I started at 12 months she did goodm but then her bday is in April and it was getting nice and stuff she didn't want to come in to try to go so since she was so young I backed off and only done it when it was rainy or we weren't outside and then really started doing it when cold weather came she was 18 months fully trained by 19 months old. My youngest I stareted at 13 months because she was staying dry in the mornings and naptime. She was nearly fully trained at 16 months old until she got really sick so I had to stop for a few months. She was then fully trained at 21 months.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Started my son at 2 like the daycare he was in wanted (they started trying to get the kids to use the potty in he 2 year old room). After two separate life changing events he was finally potty trained at 4. In hindsight I WISH I'd have waited and started him later than 2.

Started my daughter when she was 3ish. 1-2 weeks later she was fully trained; night and day.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My son was 2.5...after he showed all of the signs. It took 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:58 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You can find some great potty training tips in the Toddlers and Preschoolers group. I started my twins at right around age 2. My son took about 3 mos to be accident free during the day and almost a year for nighttime, my daughter started much later than him and potty trained in about a week and never had an accident since. They are almost 4.
    2and2onway

Answer by 2and2onway at 1:27 PM on May. 4, 2011