Ground hamburger or Ground turkey?

We used to use ground hamburger until recently.... now we only use ground turkey... to me it tastes so much better and its supposed to be healthier for you... what do you use?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:37 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Ground turkey not as oily
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i use extra lean ground beef most of the time, but use a mixture of that and ground turkey when making meatballs or hamburgers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:39 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree. I always thought the idea of ground turkey sounded nasty, until I tried it. It's so much more flavorful. I still use both though, cause hubby likes ground beef.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:39 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I only use ground beef. I have tried the ground turkey and it always tastes like it's going bad to me, kind of a "funky" flavor.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:40 PM on May. 4, 2011

• we use ground turkey breast, if the package doesn't say it's ground turkey breast is contains the dark meat and skim and has the same fat and calories of regular ground beef!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:40 PM on May. 4, 2011

• ground turkey is alot better and it does not have that funky smell that hamburger does..but i can tell you that sometimes that turkey can be a little dry so the dark meat is better..i have found that going directly to the meat market you can get roasts cut and made into hamburger and they are GOOD! there is no fat or other gross things in it and the meat is a better quality
    Anonymous

• We use 90/10 ground turkey. My beef only DH loves it. It's not greasy like beef and personally I like the flavor better.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:43 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well both only I get my groundbeef from the butcher it is so good
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 12:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have a weird thing about ground turkey, I just don't like it. I wish I did! I know it is healthier
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Half turkey half beef for most things calling for 2 lbs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:49 PM on May. 4, 2011