Separation...

Did you and your DH ever separate?
How long? Did it end in divorce or getting back together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I do not believe in separation, we are either together or we are not period. I have been married 39 years, and this has never happened in my marriage, but my prior comment is how I feel on the subject.

Answer by older at 12:57 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Nope never separated, we have not always been on the same page but we plan on working through those time together.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:58 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I left for 3 1/2 days once two years ago. It fixed everything. He realized how stressful raising 2 small children is and how uninvolved he really is. No idea any of the banking passwords, phone numbers to anyone or anything, what size diapers, anything at all basically. He began to appreciate me more and it was the entire point. I would have stayed away if he didn't seem serious. I'd have let court work out the custody and just enjoyed some me time. (we lived in a duplex w/ my parents on the other side at that point. He got discouraged often during those 3 1/2 days and sent the kids over there to shower, shave, etc even though I never did)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The only times we've "separated" were when he was deployed (or going through training) or when I left to go to family members' funerals. Never out of anger and never to prove any point, although it did give him a new perspective on how hard it is for me to raise 4 kids by myself when he's gone.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I know that some relationships are saved because of the trial separation. It can make a difference.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My first marriage went through separation and then divorce. The initial separation occured because of drug abuse. I was 4 months pregnant and couldn't bring my child into the home with him the way he was living. I was encouraging him to get help so we could get back together and be a family when I found out he'd been cheating on me through basically the entire marriage and that was it for me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• yes separated twice before the actual divorce. married young, started drifting apart, he cheated so now divorce. some people need it separations, some dont'. its how those two in the marriage should handle it.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• separated because of his abuse.. everytime we got back together it was the same thing so divorced him.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:20 PM on May. 4, 2011