Smoking

Who smokes cigs? & If you do, do you smoke inside or outside? If you dont did you before you got pregnant? Does anyone smoke in your house?

I don’t smoke and I threw a fit when I saw my mil smoke around my son at 2 months old because of that I won’t take him to her house. I don’t even allow smoking my house

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• We don't smoke, nobody smokes in our house and we don't leave the boys with anyone who does smokes.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• and oh - no smoking in my home. EVER. eww, that smell is forever.

My husband smokes "socially" not in car but only when he's tinkering in the garage. A pack lasts 90 days or more. It's like some guys pop open a beer in there, he chooses a smoke.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Smoke what?
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 12:57 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I smoke.
    I do not smoke in my house. I will smoke in my car if my DD isn't in there.
    It's just the whole thing of protecting her.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:58 PM on May. 4, 2011

• mextexmom......THAT'S funny.

I smoke, I quit and went back, I so struggle with it. I DO NOT, WILL NOT ALLOW, smoke in my house...........I hope you still let your MIL see your son at your home, yes?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I do smoke I have never smoked in my house or around my kids, I actually quit smoking while pregnant only cause it made me deathly ill. but when she turned 10 months I started again, but I have never smoked in my house , My parents did and their house always had that smell and my mother is a clean freak.....but you could tell...........I do not even smoke in my car
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't smoke but DF does, he smokes outside.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I smoked for almost 10 years. I have 2 kids and quit while i was preg with them and started IMMEDIATELY after they were born, like before I was discharged. lol I tried to quit before I got pregnant this time and was doing really good but I would give in around certian people and I do NOT plan to start again after she gets here (FRI! WOO HOO) I NEVER smoked inside though - outside only.... no need to harm everyone else around you because of the dangerous unhealthy choice you make for yourself.

My mom had the same problem with her mom too (who is now dead from lung cancer and emphazema) She wouldn't let her smoke at her house so she just never came to see me but always welcomed mom to go to HER house where she would sit and smoke all day. My mom had a hard time forgiving her for that (i think she still does a little)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have never smoked cigarettes. Only for a 2 month span in middle school ... I paid a friend to try and teach me to smoke. My body rejected it entirely and I made an ass of myself.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i do smoke so does my SO.....she and i both smoke outside only...i hate the smell of stale smoke inside the house....we smoke in the car as long as there are no kids with us....i smoked at the beginning of my pregnancies but quit around month 3 with both....then i started again before i was discharged from the hospital
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 1:08 PM on May. 4, 2011