What do your kids call their grandparents?

Wer're looking for some fun ideas (c:

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 1:02 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• My parents are Mimi and PopPop, my inlaws are Grandmudder and PawPaw

Answer by missanc at 1:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Just the traditional Grandma and Grandpa for all of the them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My son calls my mother "maz" ... I always said "were going to Grand-MAS house" or "That's Grand-MAS" and it just stuck. I don't really like it but my mom loves it so whatever.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Maw and Paw and my grandson calls me Grammy
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My oldest, when she was less than 2 years old, called her grandpa "cowpies".

Funny story...she kept saying "cowpies" and my mom and I couldn't for the life of us understand why she kept says it. Well, one day, I asked her to say different words (a way for her to practice saying them), and when I said, "Say grandpa" "COWPIES". That's when we realized she was asking for her grandpa!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• We have a MiMi, 2 Grandaddys, a BeBe (she is rebecca) aPoppa, and a Granna
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My Moms name is Valerie. My daughter was a in the month of her 2nd b-day when the pixar movie Wall-E came out and we took her, twice. It was a big deal and her 1st movie, she was obsessed. She mixed up Valerie and Wall-E in her little toddler gibberish and began calling her Gramma Wally and then my son did too, lol, and it totally stuck. Even now years later. She is Gramma Wally.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• nana/ papa/ Meemaw
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 1:09 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my husbands grandma is still alive and I think she is 85 this year. When the kids were born she specifically requested the exact title of "Old Granny". No one has asked her why. the other people are all plain old Grandpa and Grandma's
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:09 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My son calls my dh dad pawpaw my parents are Maummy and dauddy. And my grandma is gam he is 2.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:11 PM on May. 4, 2011