Does the x do this on purpose?

I have 3 sd and i buy them clothes and shoes all the time and when she sends them to us for the weekends when its their turn to come to us she sends them with torn clothes, torn shoes so i talked to my husband about buying them clothes and keeping it here because when i buy them stuff i never see it. one of the girls every month i buy her pads because she says her mom just tells her to use toilet paper because she doesnt have time to buy her pads. the youngest one will come over and she will say my mom wants you to buy me new shoes.

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 1:19 PM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Stop sending the clothes to BM's house.

The pads, I'd keep sending...But the clothes, she keeps sending them in ratty clothes because you keep sending the good ones. Send them back in what they come in, and keep what you buy at your house.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree...keep what you buy at your house. I can see why you would send them though cause you dont want them wearing rags over there either! That is really sad that she does that! At least the girls have you and their dad to take GOOD care of them!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:28 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd keep the good stuff at your house, the female stuff I'd keep giving her.
    yes, I think the ex is doing this on purpose.

but good for you for looking after your stepdaughters
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:36 PM on May. 4, 2011

• We have a one way flow of stuff from our house to my Sd's mom's house too. We now don't send things to mom's house. She goes back in the clothes she came in. We have her during the school week though. When mom had her during the school week, we didn't mind helping out with school clothes so she had nice things to wear during the week. But a constant flow of new clothes is unnecessary, so it's fine to keep some nice things for them to wear at your house too.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:43 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my question is if your husband is paying child support (which i'm assuming he does) why doesn't he question his ex on why the children are dressed the way they are and shoes torn. where is the child support going? not buying your daughter pads because you don't have time is selfish and nasty beyond means. make sure she takes a good pack home in a bookbag or something and do it everytime she comes and she knows when she is about to get her period. poor girl. your husband should fight for custody of his girls. they are being treated badly by their mother.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:21 PM on May. 4, 2011

• EXS R EVIL THEY WONT EVER ESP IF HE BROKE UP WITH HER OR UR HOTTER!!!
    samanconnor

Answer by samanconnor at 3:46 PM on May. 4, 2011