USPS Shipping?

I'm sending someone a bottle of perfume with lotion and body wash from victoria's secret. You know the holiday packed ones in those pretty boxes. Whats the cheapest way to package it? Like if I take it out and put it in a bubble mailer? Or wrap the box that its already in with some plain paper? What are the rules of wrapping the box? Does it have to be a certain color?

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 1:20 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You can put it in a flat rate box....Those are pretty cheap.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I would go with a flat rate box. I wouldn't send anything breakable like that in a bubble lined mailer, it's a mess waiting to happen. If you want to send it priority mail I would go with the flat rate boxes. If you want to use your own box you need to make sure there are no other lables on it. Brown paper is the standard, but any other plain paper is fine.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm a USPS employee, and I highly suggest using a flat-rate box - it only costs cents more than using your own, plus they'll add some bubble wrap for free. And I know it's nothing super expensive, but get delivery confirmation - it's less than $1, and you can track it - worth it for peace of mind IMO, I do it on everything I send. But anyway, the flat rate boxes are cheap, and then you don't have to worry about what you can or can't use to wrap it (and besides that, if you paper wrap a box the paper can get ripped soooo easily - which could result in the package getting lost).
    Anonymous