Marriage??

ok so im 20 have a son and been with my man for awhile we have talked about marriage but not to ima go buy the ring so he just asked me if i would marry him if he asked i was i said its all suppose be a surprise so i told him yes does that mean it will happend soon or prob another long wait im tired of waiting im very impaient!! =)

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 1:34 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, hon, but I'm really confused by your question. I don't know what this means: we have talked about marriage but not to ima go buy the ring

Are you saying YOU are buying the ring? Did he ask and you said yes? Set a date. Whenever is convenient for the two of you. You could go to the county courthouse TODAY for the license and be married by next week if you want.

Remember... it's the MARRIAGE that counts, not the ring or the wedding.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• NOPE! A man asked me that once. We were deeply in love. The he let 3 years go by after that, we were talking about what our wedding would look like then one day up and left me! Just because they say those words doesn't mean it will actually happen. Just like a ring on your finger doesn't mean it will actually happen. When he say's I DO then its actually happening. Sorry to sound bitter but I was REALLY madly deeply in love and that happened. Just don't dwell on marriage. Most of the time its not what you imagined it would be. Its not a bowl of cherries or sunshine and blue skies all the time. Its work and stress and love
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:39 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Although I have a great marriage....marriage is not all it's cracked up to be. Not alot changes within your relationship. It's just a piece of paper and a name change for you. If I knew then, what I know now, I may have never gotten married in the first place. If it's ment to be, it will happen.
    darter

Answer by darter at 1:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Seems like it is about time, since you have a child together ~ tell him to git to gitting!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Just cause you have a child does not mean marriage HAS to happen.... only if that is what both parties want.
    And, honestly..... 20 is way young yet. You and your man have so much growing yet to do.

On that note.... yes, your post/question is confusing as the "English" is not very easy to follow.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:57 PM on May. 4, 2011