Does anyone have a cure for an earache?

I have a terrible earache and I've already tried peroxide and Q-tips. I clean my ears regularly and haven't had an earache since I was a child but this is killing me. My doctors office is closed and I have no transportation to get to the store or a walk-in clinic or anything right now. Plus I have to go to work in a few hours. Do any of you ladies have any home remedies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Health

• Have you tried a warm compress? You might also try Debrox, the drops that help loosen the wax as build up of can cause some pain. If your doctors office has an answering service for after business hours, I would call them. If not, definitely call in the am when you're done at work and try to get in as soon as possible. Hope you feel better soon!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• This may sound gross but my granny said pee on a wash cloth and squeeze some of it in your ear...ew I know but hey, if it works then who cares?
    Anonymous

• Thanks but I don't think I'll be going that far.
    Anonymous

• I've heard warm mineral oil, but I can't recommend it. Would just taking a painkiller help?

Answer by Bmat at 6:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• all I have in the house is asprin & I took 5 of them hours ago, no help.
    Anonymous

• put a few drops of alcohol in it. (not the stuff you drink) That always works for me.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2008