Seriously?! Is this really MY fault?

Every morning, I get up and get two of my three kids ready for school. I change the baby, give him a cup if he gets up and I turn on the dryer if DH has clothes in there. Every morning, even after his alarm goes off, I have to go back in our room and wake DH up. Sometimes several times before he actually gets up. Today I went in there three times and told him to get up. When he finally got out of bed, he cussed me up down and side ways because I was going to make him late for work! He called me all kinds of horrible names and I just could not believe him!He said I was too calm about trying to wake him up and that its MY job to make sure he gets up on time. Um, WHAT?! I told him he needs to get up when the alarm goes off! He is a grown man and he should know he has to get up on time. What are your thoughts?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 1:40 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• rolling on floorOh what a surprise he would have in the morning I know you have pans and wooden spoons the kids and you could have a blasts, when the alarm goes off let the band begin and the finale would be ice cold water.................see if that's to calm for him

buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 1:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd calmly let him know that since I'm so lousy at getting him up in the morning, I'd be handing the job back over to him.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• F that tomorrow don't even wake his ass up. Warn him tonight that since he was such a dick this morning you wont be waking him up at all anymore and he will have to rely on the alarm clock from now on. And when he doesn't wake up its his own damn fault
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:43 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My husband doesn't like to get up in the morning either and I have to continually wake him up or he won't get up. I go right up to him and yell his name and it scares the shit outta him. He hates it but I tell him if he's gonna be a pain in my ass about getting up in the morning, he'll take whatever nasty method I choose to wake his ass up. Hehe.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 2:11 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Seriously?? wow..!!! If he's perfect in like EVERY other way, I MIGHT Let that slip for being cranky but NO.. this would not be how I choose to live - you should not have to wake him up at all in the first place, they fact you do over and over and over puts up on a pedistal in my book -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Tell him it isn't your responsibility to wake him up. The names are unacceptable, period.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Your dh and mine are one in the same. So I told mine im not going to wake him any more if he is late not my fault grid a big boy and can get himself up. He now sets 3 or 4 alarms to make sure he is up. :)
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 1:43 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I would have yelled at him back but that's me. Ask him what the hell. If he says he was cranky or something than I would let it go. If he avoids the question, it's probably a bigger non-related problem he has.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• BWAHAHA! I seriously thought about that for tomorrow!
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• He's acting like a child. He should get himself up with no assistance from anyone else, but if you feel obliged to wake him up then take him at his word and don't take it easy on him. Pull back his blankets and dump a bucket of ice on him!

Also, yelling at you and calling you nasty names is completely unacceptable. I'd want him to make amends for that stunt and promise that it will never happen again.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:57 PM on May. 4, 2011