Wedding Planner/Consultant? :)

I'm just beginning my business, I love weddings. I love making feel good and happy. I am offering bridal services to anyone and anything that they need, I just need some personal advice on success and to get clients.. Anything creative ideas!! I am willing to make gift baskets, take pictures/edit pictures, help plan, or anything they need... I just don't know how to do prices or anything. I don't want to do anything outragous, I want people to be able to afford it!.. :) :) Thanks.. I'm doing this as something that I love to do, but also for work.... Is it a dumb idea or could I be successful??

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 1:41 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• First, let me say good luck.
    Second, I thought of doing the same thing, cause I love it and think I'm good and have helped a few friends and family get their weddings together.
    Third, I'm to much of a control person, so I would never pay for someone else to take care of planning and doing things for me.

If you are really trying to do this as a business, I think you need to get some ideas of what you might charge someone.... if its by hour or by specific job. This way, you're not looking unprofessional if someone does come to you, You dont want to say, "well, what do you think is a fair price?"

Good Luck!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:53 PM on May. 4, 2011

• we could work MK into that as well. look up wedding planners online and see what they charge. also, bridal shows are going on now...maybe there is one in area...u could check it out!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Start by getting certified. Then you can attend bridal fairs. You will also benefit by working for an established planner for a year or two

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 AM on May. 8, 2011