Freaking out! Starting to wonder if I made a mistake.....

I'm in the last 46 days of my pregnancy and I am so tired I can't even see straight half the time...I know that I've asked this question before but I only got 4 answers so I'm going to ask it again and hope some new people have some suggestions lol

I am ALWAYS exhausted! I literally woke up this morning still sleepy and I can't seem to shake it..and this is ALL THE TIME....I'm tired from the moment I open my eyes in the morning until I close them at night...I can't just sleep all day because I still have responsibilities...I have my daughter, the house needs to be cleaned, dinner needs to be cooked, it's gotten to the point that I'm starting to think...did I bite off more then I could chew when we decided to have this baby??? DH works ALL THE TIME so I already know that he's not going to be taking a very active role in helping me with this baby...if I can't even handle things now how the hell am I going to do any better once the baby is born??? I'm freaking out a little bit...What if I can't do it??? I'm just SO damn tired all the time!

Please if anyone has any suggestions on how I can regain a little energy...I take a nap when DD does but I just wake up more tired then before. Please ANY suggestions

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:44 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try eating more nutritious food if you can and take a walk around the block. You may be tired as hell but the fresh air will do you good. Take your daughter in a stroller. If you don't want to be on your feet all the time try making easy slow cooker meals. The reason you're tired is because the baby is sucking the life out of you! just kidding. I was tired as hell too when I was pregnant and all I wanted to do was sleep. I think catnaps with your daughter should be good enough. Take a shower first thing in the morning o start your day off. If your house is a mess get a laundry basket and pick up things that don't belong and redistribute whenever you get the chance. Don't over do it. Take it easy. Good luck. I'm here if you want someone to listen or if you want to bitch about your man : )
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Hmmm. Have you Talked to your Dr about this ? I mean, I know some tiredness comes with the territory but this seems pretty extreme.. I only have 1 so I can't say for certain either if the 2nd one and life with still a young one while pregnant could still make you this tired.
    Maybe you aren't getting enough iron or something right now that you need.. Good luck Mama.. and I am sure you will do great once baby is here and hoping this is just added hormones!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You need to bring this up with your Dr. He needs to rule out anemia. Do you snore pregnant or not? All pregnant women are exhausted towards the end. There some things you said though that made me wonder if you need to be tested for sleep apnea. Waking up after long hours of uninterrupted sleep is a classic symptom. Talk to your Dr.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You need to tell your doctor this.
    While being a bit tired is normal, what you are describing isn't.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• hopefully its just the pregnancy with my first pregnancy i was EXHASTED even if i hadn't done anything at all maybe talk to your dr. about some b12 vitamins YOU CAN DO IT MOMMY!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• honestly during the pregnancy there wont be to much you can do, but it will get better after you have the baby. i know you think but what about sleepless nights and all that. but you will be so excited to have the baby you ont mind and your sleepy horomones wont be in full swing. do like you are and try to rest when you have the chance. its not easy going form one child to two (i found the transition from 2 to 3 easier) but you will do it. yur getting to the end and are scared about adding another and thats soooooo normal i promise. best of luck to you and congrats!
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 1:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• * waking up tired* after long hours of sleep
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I was exhausted when I was pregnant too. There's the basic fatigue from the pregnancy AND the insomnia from not being able to get comfortable at night, and the acid reflux.

Honestly my experience was that as soon as that baby was out of me, I felt SOOOOO much better. I had way more energy, and I could sleep again... It was of course hard adjusting to two kids instead of one, but not as hard as I feared because I wasn't so clueless with what to do with a baby the 2nd time round.

You really really can do this...but for now until you deliver, ask some friends and family for help okay. So many people want to help after you have the baby, just tell them you really need the help now before you have it; with meals, cleaning, a play-date for your daughter...anything.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 1:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Don't freak out hon. You feel this way now but when the baby comes your SO will surprise you at how much he is willing do for the baby. Number two, eating healthy helps most of us get through stress. Drink some herbal tea throughout the day. Number three, you will not feel as tired once the baby is no longer draining extra energy from your body. I hope this helps a little.
    darter

Answer by darter at 1:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• be sure you're getting proper nutrition, I was like that with one of my pregnancies, felt like i slept through the whole thing. LoL. when I look back on it, it may have been from either hormones or lacking nutrition.. try eating more raw veggies.. keep a veggie tray around for you to snack on frequently.
    TheHappyChicken

Answer by TheHappyChicken at 2:06 PM on May. 4, 2011