Help me understand? (The death of Osama Bin Laden)

Ok he was the mastermind behind 9/11 and here we are almost 10 yrs. later...we finally KILL HIM.
A lot of people are happy that he is dead but what good is it all the loved ones are not coming back, I guess it's some kind of satisfaction he is no longer on our Earth.

But why do you think people are happy he is gone?

Who to say when he enters the other world he is immediately forgiven and we here on Earth think he is suffering for all the bad that he has done...we'll never know for sure. I know our God is a forgiven God but their God is Allah supposibly the same God...not sure.

Your thoughts...Thanks ladies for your time ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No matter how christian one is, many people find it hard to forgive a heinous act like that especially if one of their loved ones were killed. The man did this out of hate and that makes it worse. there are a lot of reasons one might be happy he is dead. As for the ones dancing in the street, well I don't understand that either.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:58 PM on May. 4, 2011

• as a marine wife i'm happy he is gone. I wish his death would have been slow and painful (but that's against geneva convention) it means there is one less terrorist in the world and he was a big name in the terrorist community (think about when Kennedy was assassinated.. not that he was a terrorist by any means but he was a very important figure and leader in our society) . Although this is a victory, it is a small one because terrorist cells are still out there and many vying to take his place, plotting on attacking us.

As for the religious aspect, we won't know until we too are dead. I leave theology to the theologians.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Because he was a mass murderer, and is responsible for the deaths of many hundreds of people, not just those lost in 9/11, or even just in our country. Its also a good thing because he would most likely have killed many more if he hadnt been killed himself. He was still a huge leader and figure head of Al Queda. He was considered one of the most dangerous men in the world. I think that its a good thing he is gone.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 2:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well I'd bet there are not 40 virgins waiting for him... I don't celebrate the death of anyone but feel like maybe our world is a little safer. I don't care if he is suffering or not, just glad he's not here with us anymore.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I am a muslim and what I must say is that no one but Allah knows what will happen to him when he dies. Allah is just and what is meant to happen to Bin Laden will happen to him. It is none of our business now and I for one am glad that he can no longer hurt others but dance in the streets I will not. You do not dance and celebrate over death.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 2:01 PM on May. 4, 2011