Need Inexpensive Mothers Day gift ideas.

We will have about $40 total for my mother and my husbands Mother
I'd like to make something with our son who is 3 but also.. make it seem realistically cute and something they could have out or appreciate.. you know? I am not very crafty either but could do something.. We just dont' have the money to buy them something great this year.. any ideas?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:55 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Here are a couple ideas. I have done all of these with my 3yr old preschool class.
    1) Fold carstock to make a card...either write or print Mom(or Grandma) I love you to pieces! Then have your child paint the pieces.After they are dry have your child tell you things they love about that person. Write them on the puzzle pieces. On the inside you can put a picture, a hand print, etc and have you LO write his name.
    2) Get a ceramic flower pot and some acrylic paint. You LO can paint (or even uses shaped sponges) to decorate the flower pot. Then plant some of your moms fav flowers in them.
    3)Get some dishtowels and fabric paint. Paint your LO hands and stamp them on the towels.
    4) I have never done this, but it looks cute......get one of those travel mugs that you can decorate the inside paper. Either have your child color the paper or make a collage of pics of your LO and family.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Have you tried the dollar store? They have candles cards lotions and body washes (some have good ones) they have bath pillows sleep masks chocolates etc.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:57 PM on May. 4, 2011

• buy cheap picture frames, have your little one help you decorate, insert picture of him.

find a poem they like, print it up nice, put that in a frame.

decorate flower pots and give them seeds and plant food.

just a few ideas for you.
    KandC1115

Answer by KandC1115 at 2:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I buy everyone hanging flower baskets from Lowes or Home Depot. They have some for $10. Then make them both cards.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Homemade beauty baskets are nice.......dollar stores have great stuff. Hobby stores may have the old fashioned child handprint molds for cheap. An impromtu pic of DH, DD, and you in a cute frame (another dollar store item) Good luck
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:18 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Handprint garden stones? The kits at Michael's are like $15, but you can always find a 40% coupon. You buy one with a coupon, let your husband buy the other with a coupon, it would be inexpensive. My 2 yo made one recently for his grandmother's garden and she loves it!

Answer by missanc at 4:07 PM on May. 4, 2011