How many extra-curricular activities does your teen do?

Do you put a limit on what they get involved in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Fall - Marching Band
    Spring - Wind Ensemble
    Year round - Church Handbells and Youth Voice choir

And yes, we limit. You have to limit or they AND YOU end up over extended.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I no longer had a teen, but when I had a "foster" teen, he wasn't in any extra-curricular things. He didn't have time between school and work.

I didn't have anything either. In fact besides school and work I don't think any of my friends had anything going on either... I remember when I was a teen, I always thought it was just the "rich" kids who could afford to do that stuff, the "normal" kids just did work and school. A few of us did school activities occasionally like prom planning or theater class (which was during school hours, but occasionally needed sets built after school)....

My children, who I have now, aren't old enough for that stuff, they aren't even in school yet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:02 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My boys are very busy.
    My 16 yr old does the following activities
    Year round : Swing Choir, drama, tutoring, academic decathalon, wrestling free style and greico (travels around the country)
    Fall: Football, coaching elementary football
    Winter: Wrestling, coaching youth wrestling club
    Summer: Baseball and two weeks of teaching/aiding with Bible camp

My 13 yr old does the following activities
    Year round: wrestling (also travels but only in the summer), band
    Late Sumer/Fall : Youth Football and Jr High Football
    Winter: Wrestling Club and Jr high wreslting
    Summer: Baseball

We live in such a small town they are afforded the opportunity to do everything. They can get to and from practices on their own. Many things are after school, there are group of parents that "shuttle" the same children to all the same events. It's never been too much for us, sometimes seasons get long, but we love to be on the go.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• In addition to the church Youth Group activities, mine all have 1 other thing going at any given time. Sometimes seasons may overlap by a couple of weeks, but for the most part, just one.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:31 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Mine aren't invovled yet as they aren't teenagers, but if I feel they are in to many I will def be limiting it.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My 13 year old plays football, baseball, and wrestles. He also does weightlifting and some other school clubs.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 6:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My son only played football in school. I will allow as many as they want so long as their grades stay up.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My son did track, football and chess club.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:49 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Mine aren't teens yet, but they are not allowed to be over-scheduled, and we'll keep it that way.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:30 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My 13 year old daughter plays soccer in the Fall and Spring. She is in Drama club and takes acting and voice lessons.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:42 AM on May. 6, 2011