Mint in the Garden?

Does anyone grow mint in their garden? I have Spearmint and what I think may be Apple mint, but I can't decide if it's apple or another type of mint. lol Either way, both are very pretty and smell great.

EDIT: I have the mints in a container to keep it under control :)

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 1:57 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Lemon Balm, Chocolate Mint, Spearmint, and Peppermint all grow in my garden.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• There is some wild mint that grows in the park by my house so I just grab a chunk of that when i need it. You can't really smell that it's mint until you squish it up though...i just know what it looks like.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I wish I could grow those little chocolate mints they give you at the Olive Garden. I'd grow the shit out of those.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 2:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I've grown many types of mint in my gardening years. Spearmint being my fave. I like to crumple the leaves enough to release the oils & make ice cubes with them for iced tea. But, you really have to keep it under control. It has the ability to take over your yard if you don't!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes just makes sure you have it contained or it will take over everything as it is a ground cover. I grow spearamint and peppermint.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• DON'T DO IT! They grow like a weed and will be EVERYWHERE. We got a huge pot last year specifically for them! But, you might just want to go ahead and make a spot specifically for them. My DH grandparents have to mow their apple, chocolate and spearmint because they got so far out of hand!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes I grow it. I love the smell. Also have you tried lemon balm? It's really nice too! But grown that in a pot too! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:11 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My MIL had it. It took over. Remember to cut it back.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:58 PM on May. 4, 2011

• SleepyCupcake - -you are funny!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:32 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No,but I want to start growing...something lol I have a black thumb.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2011