Don'tcha just hate it ? (update)

I have a "friend' who everytime she tells me she is comeing over she is either late or doesn't show up. Today she calls and tells me she is going to be over in my area and wanted to know if she could stop by. I said sure what time. ( Silly question I know) She tells me she has an appointment and it should only take a hour. Then she will be over. Ok so I haven't done anything different. I haven't been waiting or just periodically checking to see if she is here. Cuse DS is napping and I want to catch before she knocks on the door and gets the dog started. Well here it is after the 3 hour mark and what do you know...she hasn't shown up or called.
I get gyno appointments can sometimes go over but when she called she was already in the room to be seen.
Why even bother to call me??

Ok so she just called me said "Oh sorry I didn't call my appointment went over and I have this, this and this to do. It sound like a good idea at the time." SERIOUSLY! She was at home which is like 30 mins from my house. She said she got done at 1 almost 2 hrs ago! When I tried say something to the effects of  that's OK DS has is asleep and i think he is sick. She Oh Ok I got to go. I will talk to you on FB later. Um I have to work and have waisted enough time. I will NOT be holding my breath. Right now I feel like I was just a filler, something to do if she wanted to do it. I think I am just going to be unavailable or to busy for a while. I am tired of this. The only time she has seen me this tear is when I invited her and her bf over for dinner and her other plans fell through, her DD's birthday and when she needed a ride.

SO I AM DONE!

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 1:58 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• she sounds like my housemate. one day she finally seemed to get a clue as to why people wouldn't make plans with her anymore.
    she'd set something up, then just decide not to go because she "just HAS to get those tomato plants in the ground or they will die!"

then she can't understand that others would be angry for her tending to something so important.

I don't blame you for deciding not to do things with her anymore.
    You could still be a facebook friend, that sort of thing, but I wouldn't make plans anymore with her either.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I think that is SO beyond rude...it's like she thinks you have nothing better to do then sit there and wait for her to grace you with her presence...I don't even know what to tell you to do about it lol....but yeah I hate it too
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, that is a pain in the ass. Next time say "well call me when you are done & If I am home then come over." This way if it takes too long or you don't feel like entertaining just don't answer the phone. I put the phone in a drawer when my son naps so it doesn't ring loud enough to wake him from a nap.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Tha's just plain rude! Next time she calls, tell her to call or text you if anything changes. I understand though because I have a friend who has called me a few times and asked if I wanted to go out after work and I'd say yes and then all of sudden she's too tired, after I took a shower and got all dressed up and even planned with her where we were going. Very frustrating indeed!!!
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sort of manipulative on her part, doncha think?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• she's taking u for granted. dump her as a friend... gradually stop talking to her.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You need to "break up" with your friend.
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 2:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sorry she's doing that to you. It's time to let her go.
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 3:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd be done with a friend like that. Make her miss you!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The phone in the drawer is a good idea. I usually wrap mine in a dish towel, LOL. One time she was late 4 hours to meet up with me and I had to go somewhere at that time so as I was leaveing she pulled up. I told her I was leaveing and she said well I wrote you on FB to tell you I was coming later. REALLY??
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on May. 4, 2011