Can you're pain make you more depression?

Can pain anywhere on you're body make it worse for you depression and axiety problems. Please let me know?

kittycat813

Asked by kittycat813 at 2:04 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• absolutely. pain and illness can cause all sorts of depression, anxiety, stress, and so on. Alot of chronically ill people take a mild anti depression med or something for anxiety..... it can also cause sleep problems. And of course if you aren't sleeping that's terrible for pain of any variety.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Absolutely. Dh is Bipolar but a lot of his mood swings are due to him being in constant pain from having arthritis, bursitis, etc in all his major (and most minor) joints. His knees were crushed in a football accident as a teen. Growing up and in early 20's he wasn't nice to his body so now he's paying for it.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have back pain, and knee pain
    kittycat813

Comment by kittycat813 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on May. 4, 2011

• and migane headaches
    kittycat813

Comment by kittycat813 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree witn SalemWitchChild. I have bipolar and arthristis, and I constanly have been depressed and having mood swing because of the way I am feeling and it seems like everything annoys the hell out of me.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:47 AM on May. 5, 2011