How can i get my daughter to stop screaming?

Anastasia is 15m and has been screaming randomly for the past three days. Idk if its an ache or her having hissy fits. Shes eating and pooping every day and still plays. One min she is happy the next she is screaming. Ive tried time out, medicine, distracting her, walking away talking to her and yes i popped her on the butt once. (it wasn't hard and she had her diaper on) She had a doctors app last week and everything was great. Most the time it just looks like she is mad, and there is no chance someone is hurting her because I'm with her 24/7. The only thing that has changed is we just came back from a two week visit with Grandma. If anyone has thoughts or ideas please share because i am going crazy.

NewMommyAshley

Asked by NewMommyAshley at 2:12 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This alwasy happens to me and my son when we get back from grandmas!!! I find its b/c my son has had a long period where the focus is 100% on him. At home, we have things that need to be done and I can't be with him, entertaining him, playing with him, etc and he is trying to get my attention. It is not as bad now, but there are still moments(he is 2.5yr now). I try to decide if I do need to stop what I am doing and give him some attention or if he really is ok. I woul ignnore the screaming...as in have no reaction to it. Obviously it is annoying and in return you are giving her attention.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• oh honey i feel your pain. If i had any advice to offer you i would but my 2 yr old step daughter does the same thing. But its been going on for months now. My dh thinks shes traumatized from her mother leaving her. I disagree. I've had her since she was under a year old. I really think its just temper. She screams and cries over everything! i want to pull my hair out. So I am really sorry, i have no advice, but i know what your going through!
    lucyloo1776

Answer by lucyloo1776 at 2:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• SCreaming? Gee, I had three kids....but they never SCREAMED! They got fussy and they pouted and they cried....but no screaming. ARe you SURE she doesn't have an ear infection or something that is disturbing her? WOw. I just don't know what t say. The screaming thing worries me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• She hasn't had any temps, ear drainage, or any other signs of illness and all her bodily functions are normal.
    NewMommyAshley

Comment by NewMommyAshley (original poster) at 11:48 AM on May. 5, 2011