An ultimatum?!

have lots of problems with my ex and my husband has had enough. from criminal to child support to visitation, it goes on and on. he thinks because i had the kids with the ex im an idiot. he actually said that if the ex wants the kids that i should just sign them over. i said no way and he said the he may DEMAND that i do! wtf! are you kidding me? what kind of a guy would say something like that?! hes telling me that hes going to rethink our marriage too. oh btw i just had a miscarriage in march and were supposed to be trying for another one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• how in the hell is he going to demand that you give your children up? you should tell him you can do better than that, that you will give him up. he knew what he was getting into when he married you that you came with a package (kids). tell him to leave if he feels that way. unbelievable.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Those do not sound like the sorts of things you want to be hearing from your husband, the step-father of your children, and potential future father of your children. I would be very upset. Clearly he knew you had children and an ex when he married you so how exactly did he think all of this was going to work? And adding a pregnancy and new baby into the mix will only make things worse. I think the two of you need to have a long talk and try to get on the same page, perhaps with the help of a counselor or pastor. You don't just give children away, the fact that he could even suggest something, let alone indiciate he would DEMAND it, is pretty appalling. Surely I can understand his frustrations but he's going to have to learn to cope with them if he wants this marriage and this family to work. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:23 PM on May. 4, 2011

• That's extremely unkind!!! I m not going to tell you what to do, but I know what I would do. Telling me to get rid of my kids would be the last straw!!! If you're smart you won't try to have a baby for this jerk.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:21 PM on May. 4, 2011

• God bless ya'll.......but your hubby is a jerk, well acting like one anyway, maybe a couple of counseling sets wouldn't hurt ya'll???????
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• counseling BEFORE pregnancy. don't make a baby with him until things are better. a baby may just make things a lot harder.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• god bless you hunn.
    momma_amanda77

Answer by momma_amanda77 at 2:31 PM on May. 4, 2011

• WOW..... i'm so sorry that your husband is a Complete Jerk-Off! Hope things get better for you-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• ITA with PP. Don't make a baby with this guy until you get some resolution to your current situation. Counseling is a great start. Also, is there anything you can do in the courts system to make your dealings with the ex a little less disruptive? Sending T&P's!
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 2:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Time to seek counseling. I wish you the best.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yeah, the would be EX DH #2. My kiddos come first and i would expect their step dad to love them just as much as i do.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:09 PM on May. 4, 2011