Is it true you can now get your tubes tied at the legal age if you have 1 child?

You use to have to be the legal age and have 2 kids but I heard they changed the law and now you don't have to have 2 kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yes it is well in ohio
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• in washington you must be 25 or older and have alteast 2 kids befor they will do it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• 25 and 3 kids in iowa and nebraska
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• 25 and 2 kids or be 25 with 1 kid in GA
    hershey88

Answer by hershey88 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• why would you get your tubes tied? when you can get birthcontrol?
    Anonymous

• I don't know what the legal age is in AR, but I know someone who had their tubes tied after 1.

Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• anon 7:12, most likely because she doesn't want anymore kids?! And y use BC until your 50 yrs old? lol that's silly. From what I've been told BC isn't always effective! LOL so think about it next time before you decide to be a smart ass.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 7:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Duh anonymous, not everyone wants or HAS to have 2 kids. and no..Just because you have 1 kid does not mean they will be lonely and abandoned. They will have friends and they will get ALL the attention from both parents. BC sucks. It makes you have devlish mood swings, weight gain, migraines. It's just so unhealthy for the mind and body. The one an ONLY thing is is good for is prevented unwanted pregnancies. Like abootie said. I don't want to be taking something like that for 50 years when I could just get tubal ligation.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if there is a legal age in Iowa...but IUDs can be used by minors even!
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 8:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Getting your tubes tied is reversable, and is a relatively minor procedure. I had laporoscopic tests done after my first child, and would not have had two if I'd told my gyn at the time, that I wanted my tubes tied. He told me later that he could have done it then. That was 20 years ago in AZ.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008