Have you ever saw a parent demand a child not to get dirty.

I''m out shopping, and this man tell his five year old that she messed her hair and close, he yelled and tugged at her. She just stood there stoned face, clearly she wanted to cry, what is wrong when kids cannot be just that?

urselbaker

Asked by urselbaker at 2:23 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Oh I tell my kids but not like that.. :(
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 2:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yep, my son's dad dresses him in expensive outfits and then screams at him if he gets dirty, pretty sad....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• If we were at a special occassion and my kid had to be dressed up I would tell them please try not to get dirty, but I wouldn't yell and pull at my kid if they did.
    Anonymous

• My sister was like that with her daughter.
    I couldn't imagine, but then again, my son was born being already a clean freak so I don't really get to or have to experience that often
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:28 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Those parents expect perfection, which is I think a form of child abuse, there is no such thing as the perfect child, it is sad. Almost as if they forgot when they were that age.

Answer by older at 2:28 PM on May. 4, 2011

• That's why I ALWAYS wait until the last minute to dress DS in his nice clothes. If he has to get dressed up for something he doesn't get changed until 5 mins before we leave. Once we get there I try my best to keep him clean but what can you do...kids get dirty.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• It's ridiculous, kids are just that, kids, they don't know any better. My mother was like that with my two step-brothers and it made me so mad one day, I took them both to the lake and told them to have fun. They went home all muddy and I had to laugh. Boys need to be boys IMO. As far as girls go, same applies, they don't know any better.

darter

Answer by darter at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• yeah, I know what you mean. I was at the infamous walmart the other day and a guy was yelling at a tiny kid about how he wasn't listening. he then told him 'the next time you want me to help you with something, I'm going to say no!'

great when the adult acts like a baby isn't it?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• sometimes i want him to stay clean if we are going somewhere important or to get pictures done or something but other than that.... if he gets dirty all well... there are baths and showers for a reason... kids should be aloud to be kids
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• depends on the situation. If they got dirty doing something they weren't supposed to be doing, (say sneaking chocolate, pulling things off the counter or playing somewhere they were told not to go) then yes, they would be reprimanded but not the way he went about it. But if they're just playing and getting messy, that's what kids do. That's why they have a category of clothing called "play clothes".
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:30 PM on May. 4, 2011