When you respond to one of your own questions?

I was just woundering, when i ask a question and answer to someone elses response do they get a notification about the response that i wrote... Kinda confusing sorry didn't know how else to word it, hopefully someone understands what i'm talking about.

thismotherof2

Asked by thismotherof2 at 2:23 PM on May. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I usually just check back. Good question though.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Nope...I just go back and look at what other people say and then I notice that the OP said something to me personally...it would be nice though if we got some kind of notification, thats good idea
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No, you only get notified if it is your post and someone else comments.

Answer by older at 2:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't think so but am not sure hopefully someone can help you
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Thanks for asking that!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:28 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I wish you did get a notification when someone does respond to you directly.... there should also be a way that from the thread you can comment directly to that post. Cause til you respond there may be several other posts in between.

I also wish that as questions get answered they move to the top of the page. That way you see ones that have the most activity.... sometimes these are good/valuable posts/questions.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No. Cafemom should have it set up like that though. I don't go back on most questions so I usually never know if someone said something about what I said. There should be a little "reply" button to where it states somewhere in your post that you are replying to a certain person and that certain person gets notification of it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Two features they need to add - an indicator on questions to tell you when there are new replies since it was last read, and a line of code that can be taken from any message board software out there that lets you go to the first new reply automatically when you open the question. I don't need to be notified any time an OP replies to something, but I would like to know when there are new answers without having to memorize how many replies every question has.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm so glade that i'm not the only one that's doesn't like the way the question thing is set up, I really hope they figure out a better soultion. See now i'm just replying to my own question instead of each of you guys that resonded. Errr!
    thismotherof2

Comment by thismotherof2 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yeah you lost me....
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 5:08 PM on May. 4, 2011