Interviewing a new doctor? Silly question

do you call and setup and appointment and just ask them a bunch of questions or do you actually call and say you'd like to meet them to see if they're a match? how does it work?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 2:29 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes! Tell them you are a possible new patient. You can do it with an appointment or without. The good ones expect that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I mean when you go for a 1st appointment or make an appointment for just that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:31 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I did that with my previous OBGYN. I called & made an appt. & just sat down with him & talked for a while. Then he retired. Now I go to a large practice with 5 Dr's in it. It's a lot better. More up to date & professional.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:36 PM on May. 4, 2011

• 1) find out if they have a well entrance and sick entrance and separate waiting rooms.
    2) find out if you can make same day appointments for sick kids
    3) find out if they have weekend hours and if so what they are and if they are in the same office
    4) ask if they have an on call nurse 24 hours
    5) find out what hospital they are affiliated with
    6) ask if they can do simple stiches in office or if you have to go to the er
    7) if the dr is male ask if they have any female drs. if you have a dd she WILL want a female dr at some point (around 10-12)

that is all I can think of for now. best of luck.
    Anonymous

• I go online and look them up on their websites and look pictures of the office,etc. i usually look for doctors that are caring and professional. As for the office, i look that it is updated and equipment is in good condition and clean. If they have their office taken care of most likely you will be taken care of well as well.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:48 PM on May. 4, 2011