Did I or will I miscarry?

Went for my first appointment today. I am 12 weeks pregnant and have had some slight spotting with no cramps. They did not find a heartbeat with the doppler. She did an internal exam and said my uterus is at about 12 weeks but is soft and should be firm. This is my 4th pregnancy and I was able to hear the heartbeat at 9 weeks with my other children. I am a thin girl so I believe we definitely should have heard it. I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow. Any thoughts or advise?

melsa30

Asked by melsa30 at 2:40 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no advise but here is a bump... good luck honey.. i hope everything works out good.. keep us updated..
    hoobasweet

Answer by hoobasweet at 2:41 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Unfortunately, I agree... you should've heard something by 12 weeks. However, i heard my 2 dds really early (9 weeks)and with this one we couldn't get it at 10 weeks:( Good luck momma!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I am pregnant with my 3 child and I usually heard the heartbeat early with the other 2 but with this one the couldn't find it for like EVER I am now 15 weeks 1st heard it at 13 weeks so maybe it is just a little booger!! I also had some cramping no bleeding though hope all goes well in your ultrasound good luck angel mini

mykids060911

Answer by mykids060911 at 2:47 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The dr should have told you.....
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 4:53 PM on May. 4, 2011