I HATE WHEN OTHER PARENTS CONSIDER ALL KIDS AND ALL SITUATIONS THE SAME!

Please don't lecture ppl on NOT medicating their kid for ADHD. You don't know how the kid feels and if the meds help him feel better. Just like if we were take meds for Anxiety it helps to calm your nerves and make you feel normal again. My father and brother are both on meds for ADHD and say they feel much better now than they ever have in their lives.
Not everyone is the same. Just because you heard of someones kid acting like a zombie etc whatever other excuse you have you can't project that onto another parent. Making the decision to medicate your child is not an easy one and it takes courage and its very disappointing and it takes a lot of pride to admit you need help.

Am I the ONLY one that feels this way?
Please don't judge until you walk a mile in the other persons shoes. If you don't have a child with special needs then you shouldn't even comment on how they should be raised!

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 2:44 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• Do the best for you and your family and don't worry about others.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I think it is important for parents to try less severe measures before jumping to serious medications for their child- especially a very young one. I was diagnosed with ADD at 7- the drugs they gave me were too much. Yes, I did much better in school but I wound up losing 20 pounds when I was 8! That's huge. I also became depressed.

People should do what is best for THEIR child. Drugs weren't the right choice for me. But they may help the kid next door.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree
    myownhappiness

Comment by myownhappiness (original poster) at 2:56 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:43 AM on May. 5, 2011