Are you friends with fat and/or ugly people?

when i was a kid,my best friend was overweight and i got made fun of for that. fast forward......i thought people grew up! but no, people still snub others for being friends with an unattractive or overweight person. i base my friendships on the person-not their appearance. do you or someone you know do this?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 6:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Im fat and ugly, and I am very good friends with myself.
    sunshine2980

Answer by sunshine2980 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• People that base friendships on looks disgust me. I know all kinds of people, different shapes and sizes. I have found that ugliness is something that comes from within.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i agree with you pinkclover as long as that person is trustworthy and so on it does not matter what size they are and so on
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i mean-it's hard enough to find a true friend without adding appearance requirements!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 6:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I married a fat man. I'm not fat. Does that count?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• you are a good woman Pnukey!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 6:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Thanks. I love my chubby hubby.
    I dated one skinny guy. Not enough padding for my taste.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The way this is written is wierd to me. Am I friends with fat or ugly people? Um no. Why? I don't think of them that way. You might. I don't.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I know A LOT of people that do this but I will be friends with anyone that wants to be friends with me no matter what race, religion, appearance, weight. It just doesnt matter. Its their heart that matters to me. I agree w/PinkClover. I have a really good friend that is overweight but she is the best friend anyone could ever ask for. I fall back on her all of the time and she does me too! And no, people hardly ever grow up.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 6:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• lol...I was just thinking the same thing SusieD! God forbid our friends read us answering a post that says "of course...I love my fat ugly friends". But to answer the question, I don't screen who I am friends with based on weight or looks.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008