What do you give your kiddies for lunch?

Most of the time I give her a sandwich, a glass of milk and some baby carrots with ranch or an apple (she's 4) what do you give your kiddies?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:45 PM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was supposed to give my kid lunch?? Damn. I knew I forgot something. LOL

Actually she eats school lunch. Our school actually has a decent school lunch and they get to choose their entree. It is a pretty cool deal. Whenever the kids choose a healthy lunch they get points. After they collect so many points they get to turn them in for special priveledges(sp). She is a health nut anyway except for her cookie habit. So she is always sure to have something from each food group.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Depends on the day. Some of my son's favorites are grilled cheese and tomato soup, mac & cheese w/ mixed veggies, or corn dogs and carrot sticks. If I have leftovers, I offer those up first. Today he'll be eating leftover green beans and ribs with a hawaiian roll.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My older kids like leftover pasta, salads, yogurt, occasionally I'll give them money for pizza or a baked potato, cheese sandwiches
    My 6 yr old is on a peanut butter sandwich kick. He'll take a yogurt, fruit, cucumbers
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• it is different every single day. my son had school lunch today which is rare because he has a tomato allergy and it's in almost everything. he had chicken noodle soup and a turkey salad sandwich there

daughter is 4 1/2 and for lunch she had a very large whole granny smith apple, a blueberry and oatmeal "Jammy Sammy" a bottle of water and also a very large handful of Vita Spelt organic sourdough pretzels. She'll leave very soon for dance class (it's a 35 minute drive) and on the way will have a baggie of dry cheerios to nibble on.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Today Spinach Ricotta ravioli & juice & water.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:56 PM on May. 4, 2011

• When not in school, the options are varied - whatever leftovers are in the fridge, various sandwiches, soup, a couple times a year maybe a corndog or spaghettios, but 75% of the time it's leftovers from the previous couple days suppers.
    Anonymous

• My older 3 get lunch at school. When they are home they get their own lunch. Same with my 5yo who is home all day. She makes herself a sandwich or warms up some leftovers. Occasionally she'll ask for something that needs to be cooked (mac & cheese, fish sticks, soup, etc) and then I'll make it for her. But most of the time she gets her own food and has since she was 4 (been making sandwiches since she was 3 1/2).
    Today she made herself a turkey, ham and cheese sandwich with mustard and grapes on the side. All she needed was help with opening the lunch meat and she asked if mustard went good on sandwiches, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:41 PM on May. 4, 2011